Hey fellow survivors! If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you’re having a bit of trouble connecting to your friend’s game in “7 Days to Die”. Fear not, you’re not alone. Let’s dive into the common problems players face and, more importantly, their solutions.
1. The ‘Night 14’ Crash Dilemma
A recurrent issue some players have reported is getting booted from the game and then being unable to rejoin, especially after the 14th night. The trouble could originate from various factors, but often, the culprit seems to be a corrupted profile.
What to Do:
- Request the server admin to delete your profile from the server.
- Have the admin reinstate your experience and items.
2. Accessing and Sharing Logs the Right Way
When discussing technical issues in forums or with support, always use pastebin.com to share your game logs. It makes life easier for those assisting and ensures you’re not overwhelming the forum with a ton of text.
3. Laptop and Hardware Concerns
Not all machines are created equal. While some might run the game smoothly, others, especially laptops with limited processing power, might struggle. Always ensure that your device meets the game’s minimum specs. If your laptop’s CPU speed is below 2.8GHz, it might be the cause of your woes.
4. The Dreaded Invalid Block Type Error
This error usually pops up when there’s a mod discrepancy between the host and the player. Remember, some mods require both the server and the client to have them installed.
How to Resolve:
- Exclude the game from your Antivirus software.
- Always validate your game files.
- Ensure all mods being used are server-side mods that don’t require a client-side installation.
5. Miscellaneous Troubleshooting Tips
Here are some general tips if you’re still encountering issues:
- Test the game on a public server or in single-player mode.
- Activate the “Network Workaround” setting in the Options/General menu.
- Avoid WiFi connections and stick to Ethernet.
- Remove unnecessary gaming software or apps that could interfere with the game.
- If using a VPN, consider split tunneling to add an exception for the game.
“7 Days to Die” is a fantastic game, and technical issues shouldn’t hinder your experience. While these tips should help most players, always remember the game’s community is a vast resource. Reach out, share, and help each other survive the apocalypse! 🧟♂️🛠️🔧