In 7 Days to Die, there are three terms commonly used to refer to modifications made to the game: mod, modlet, and modpack. Here’s a breakdown of the differences between them:
- Mod: A mod, short for modification, is a larger-scale modification to the game that can introduce significant changes to gameplay, mechanics, graphics, or other aspects of the game. Mods often require installation and may overwrite or modify the game’s original files. They can add new features, items, enemies, or even change the game’s entire progression system. Mods are typically created by the game’s community and can greatly enhance the gameplay experience.
- Modlet: A modlet is a smaller-scale modification that doesn’t overwrite the game’s original files. Modlets are designed to be more lightweight and modular, allowing players to easily add or remove specific features or changes to the game. They are often used to tweak specific aspects of gameplay, such as adjusting item stats, adding new recipes, or modifying existing mechanics. Modlets are typically compatible with other mods and can be combined to create a customized gameplay experience.
- Modpack: A modpack is a collection of mods or modlets that are packaged together for convenience. Modpacks are curated collections of mods that are designed to work well together and provide a cohesive gameplay experience. They can include a combination of mods and modlets that complement each other or offer a specific gameplay theme or style. Modpacks are often created by modders or community members and can be easily installed as a single package.
It’s important to note that the specific definitions and usage of these terms may vary within the 7 Days to Die modding community. However, in general, mods are larger-scale modifications, modlets are smaller-scale modifications, and modpacks are curated collections of mods or modlets.References:
- 2 7 Days to Die Wiki – Fandom: How to Install Modlets – https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/How_to_Install_Modlets
- 6 TheGamer: 7 Days To Die: Best Mods That Improve The Game – https://www.thegamer.com/7-days-die-best-mods/