You’ve used all sorts of weapons, tools, and structures to survive the undead of 7 Days to Die. But what about spells? Well, that’s precisely the question the Sorcery Mod answers. This mod will allow you to train yourself as a spell-slinger, upgrade your elemental abilities and play the game in a whole new way.
What is Sorcery Mod for 7 Days to Die?
Sorcery Mod for 7 Days to Die is an addon that transforms your character into a sorcerer. Instead of using guns, melee weapons, and other real-world objects, you can roam your post-apocalyptic world as a spellcaster.
You’ll be able to wield powerful elemental magic of Fire, Ice, and Lightning to defeat zombies. Accompanying these new skills are entirely unique animations, effects, sounds, and art. There are even a few new enemies you’ll need to banish back to hell.
As of this writing, Sorcery Mod is fully updated for A20 with a slew of fixes and fun additions.
How Does Sorcery Mod Change the Game?
The best part about Sorcery Mod is that it maintains the vanilla game. The game is entirely unmodified aside from granting you new elemental powers, crafting paths, and items. This means you’ll need to craft, train and upgrade your sorcerer just like how you’d typically do in 7 Days to Die. All spells and abilities are balanced to ensure the experience is challenging and rewarding.
What Does Sorcery Mod add to the Game?
Even though this mod leaves the majority of 7 Days to Die completely untouched, it adds a whole host of items, skills, crafts, and models. Here’s the full breakdown of what Sorcery Mod adds to the game:
- New Spells: You can craft, upgrade and master five spells in the following elements:
- Arcane – Summon an Arcane Familiar to fight for you
- Fire – Burn enemies with fireballs and flame spells
- Ice – Freeze and shatter enemies with ice-based skills
- Lightning – Decimate groups of the undead with thunder and chain lightning
- New Enemies: Sorcery Mod includes a few new enemies of its own:
- Fallen (Champion)
- Awakened (Boss)
- Ancient (Raid)
- New Resource: The mod adds the Spirit resource, which acts as your mana for casting spells.
- New Dual Skill Tree and Perks: Arcane, Fire, Ice, Lightning
- New Crafting Recipes: The mod allows you to craft unique Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, Stations, Blocks, and Resources
- New Armor Sets: Craft four sorcerer-themed armor sets based on the mod’s four elements
- New Masteries: Grow your power by developing your mastery in the following areas:
- Playstyle: Sorcery Mod comes with five unique sorcerer playstyles, each of which has its own ability specializations:
- Sorcerer – Cast spells
- Alchemist – Craft potions and bombs
- Archer Mage – Attack with Spell Arrows
- Gun Mage – Fight with mystical Spell Ammo
- Melee Mage – Wield magical weaponry
- Weapon Abilities: All skills and weapons in Sorcery mod have Primary, Secondary, Passive, and Charge abilities
- Rune Mods: Discover and master Runes to enhance your weapons and gear
- Alchemy: Craft completely unique Potions, Elixirs, and Bombs to fight the undead and augment your powers
- Tons of Loot: Sorcery Mod comes with heaps of loot to discover and craft, including Item Sets, Armor, Weapons, Mods, Spells, Potions, Scrolls, and more!
Overhaul mods for 7 Days to Die don’t exist in spades, but the few out