Players who have just updated their version of 7 Days to Die have seen the “NullReferenceException object reference not assigned to an object” issue, preventing them from playing the game. You’ll find out how to remedy the situation in this article.
Fix 1: Delete 7 Days to Die “Saves” folder
You can get rid of this error by removing the “saves” folder. If you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Steam client and go to your Library.
- Type “7 Days to Die” in the search box and right-click on it when it is listed there.
- Go to Properties > Local Files and click “Browse Local Files“. When you do this, It will open 7 Days to Die installation folder.
- Navigate to 7 Days To Die > Data > Worlds > Navezgane.
- Inside Navezgane folder, you’ll see there is a another folder named “Saves“. Delete it completely.
- Restart Steam application.
- Launch 7 Days to Die and see if “NullReferenceException object reference not set to an instance of an object” error is gone.