Players who have just updated their version of 7 Days to Die have seen the “NullReferenceException object reference not assigned to an object” issue, preventing them from playing the game. You’ll find out how to remedy the situation in this article.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at GameManager.PlayerId (System.Int32 _playerId, System.Int32 _teamNumber, PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile, System.Int32 _chunkViewDim) [0x0005d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 at NetPackagePlayerId.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <4b1a8c829f0942a384283687c21422f8>:0 at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection, ClientInfo _clientInfo) [0x000c4] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00109] in <4b1a8c801f0243a384283687c21422f8>:0 (Filename: <4b1a8c819f0923a384283687c21422f8> Line: 0)
Fix 1: Delete the 7 Days to Die “Saves” folder
You can get rid of this error by removing the “saves” folder. If you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Steam client and go to your Library.
- Type “7 Days to Die” in the search box and right-click on it when it is listed there.
- Go to Properties > Local Files and click “Browse Local Files“. When you do this, It will open 7 Days to Die installation folder.
- Navigate to 7 Days To Die > Data > Worlds > Navezgane.
- Inside Navezgane folder, you’ll see there is a another folder named “Saves“. Delete it completely.
- Restart Steam application.
- Launch 7 Days to Die and see if “NullReferenceException object reference not set to an instance of an object” error is gone.
Remove all of your mods and see if the error persists. If you do, double-check the integrity of your game files.
Install the mods one by one until the error appears. Do not use that mod, or look for an updated version. If you get another error from another mod, that mod is also bad.
Do you have a solution for this problem? Let us know in the comment section!